Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wedding Card Album

Have you ever gotten married? What did you do with that HUGE stack of wedding cards you received from loved ones? My husband and I got married in June 2011 and the wedding card pile stayed in a small wicker basket in our spare room. I felt that the cards were to special to throw away with all the wonderful notes written inside and the signatures from people we love. Anyway, I found a great idea on Pinterest that solved my card pile problem. I created a Wedding Card Album!

To begin, I ordered all of the wedding cards from smallest to largest. This would help with the stability of the album and it also looks nicer than a random order. Each card got three hole punch, some only two because of size, so that they would all be connected together. I used large metal rings that clasped all the cards together as the "binding" of my album.


The front and back of the album was where you get to be creative. I took an old cheerios cereal box and cut it apart. Once you have the front and back covers you can use scrapbook paper to make them stand out. I used scrapbook paper that also ended up on my wedding invitations as well as ribbon and flowers that all appeared somehow on my wedding day. To tie it all together I used some black ribbon to tie the metal rings together on the binding to make it more appealing.




The end result is an album my husband and I can go through during significant anniversarys! It looks great sitting on our bookshelf and I am proud that I can say I made it! Did you keep your cards?

1 comment: