Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday Success! (A week in review)

My oh my, time sure does fly! The first couple of weeks have just flown by but this last week was full of challenges and went by rather slowly. Come on October! I have high hopes for that up coming month! Here are my successful moments or events that happened this week. I hope some of you can relate.

1. My daughter is turning 3 next Saturday and I FINALLY got those birthday invites sent out. Now it is only family coming but I still like the idea of sending out invitations for a friendly reminder to our relatives.

2. Science class has begun and we started our science notebooks this week. I am trying out a new way to complete science vocabulary and the class is pumped that it involves illustrations. I will be blogging about this strategy soon.

3. The monthly teacher pay day arrived and it was so necessary! My husband and I have spent some time deciding what to get our daughter for her birthday but with a birthday comes the party accessories! We had to order a cake, balloons, and what soon to be three year old doesn't want party hats!

4. I have over half my class benchmarked and can't wait till it is through. Our district has us find individual reading levels by October so that we can see the progress throughout the year. It is a great program but a long process to complete. When the day was over Friday I looked through my completed benchmarks and realized I was farther along then I thought. What a nice surprise!

5. I purchased the Interactive Math Journal from Runde's Room and started it Monday. My students loved creating a math tool and gluing it into our math journals. My plan is to complete one a week and watch the progress. I love the layout so check it out at her TpT store!

I am praying for a wonderful upcoming week and hope yours were fabulous! What was a success in your week this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment