Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Team Building Wednesday

Today was our third day back at school and I am completely exhausted! Why is it that the first week of school is so exciting and tiring at the same time? I am teaching a multigrade this year for 5th and 6th. We will be doing a lot of small groups and working in teams so I did a team building activity. I split the class into groups and each group received 20 note cards. They were given 7 minutes to brainstorm and create a tower. The tallest tower was declared the winner! Here are the towers some of the groups created!


After the creating the towers the class discussed the strategies they used and how they worked as a team. We talked about what worked and didn't work. As a whole I think that they built some team strategies and ways to brainstorm as a group. I hope this helped prepare them for future activities together.



What do you do in your classroom to build teamwork?


No comments:

Post a Comment