Friday, August 31, 2012

Student Posters

For the first week of school I wanted to try an art activity since I knew that so many of my students loved illustrating. Last year I had each student complete an individual profile and then cut out adjectives that described them from magazines. The biggest thing with this activity is that creating the profiles took longer then expected but students loved finding words throughout various magazines and newspapers. Here is what they looked like last year.




This year we went more artsy. I had students begin by tracing their hands and adding detail to them. After that they stood on their paper and traced their shoes which they LOVED! Most of them took off their shoes and added the detail to the poster. Next came the tricky part. In the middle of the feet and hands came the rest of our body and my students made their own art here. I never gave specifics here so that I could see where they wanted to take it. I got so many different ideas and students got to see those with amazing illustration skills, those happen to be the ones who needed positive attention. Check them out!


What activity do you do to introduce your students?

No comments:

Post a Comment