Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday Success (A week in review)

Hey hey hey!! Happy Saturday to you all! It has been such a productive Saturday and I am so excited that the leaves are turning and we are falling into FALL!! Bring out the sweaters! Here are a few positives from this week that kept my head up!

1. My principal asked me to take on another student in my classroom, one that followed her from her old school. She told me I had great structure in my classroom and this student needs a room that is well organized and knows what is expected out of him. Super huge compliment from her since I am feeling the opposite! This definitely put a smile on my face.

2. This week marked the end of the 1st quarter. I can't believe that it was already time to do report cards. I completed them this week and have conferences starting next week. After seeing the grades, my class is really impressing me right now.

3. My mother met me Thursday after school to pick up my daughter. She will have her until next Sunday because it is conference week. I am at school till 8 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday so that makes it hard to see her. My mother is the best!!! This also gives me time to get ahead in planning and I am happy to say I have been very productive in that category!

4. I teach a multigrade but my 5th grade team and I have decide that for an hour at the end of the day we will be rotating our classes. This means one teacher will teach science for a week and then swap classes to teach science to them as well. During this time I will only be teaching my 6th graders science!! This will help out with planning a preparation now that I only have to focus on one grade level. So excited to see how this works out.

5. I completed a mean, median, and mode math journal entry this week. It is a standard in our curriculum but is not found in our math series. My students really enjoyed it because we used oreos to collect data but then we took the data and I taught them how to find the mean, median, and mode. Well this week for a quick math bellwork my students showed me how much they understood the concepts. We are making great progress.

I hope your week has been fabulous and you are all prepared for conferences! Happy end of the first quarter!

What was one success for you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment