Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday Success! (A week in review)

WOW! I feel like this week took all of my energy and then some. I may have looked at one blog and never had time to post on my own! I spent the week lesson planning, preparing experiments, and grading because first quarter report cards are due this upcoming week. Where did the time go? Here are my top five successful moments this week.

1. My husband and I had a date night! This rarely happens and he surprised me on Thursday with dinner and dessert. It was the one night this week I took a step away from being a teacher and focused on being a wife. Does that ever happen to you??

2. Reading ran smoothly this week to the point you could hear only a pin drop. I started a new reading block last week and we practiced and discussed what was expected. Monday through Friday this week was fabulous. Students were engaged in their work and reading their books because they were given a choice. I saw lots of learning!


3. We added to our math journals this week focusing on mean, median, mode, and range. To collect data my class got into groups and tried to stack as many oreos as they could on top of each other. Each member of the group would get an opportunity to try and in the end we wrote down each student's highest total. These totals will be used to find mean, median, mode, and range. They really enjoyed the challenge.

4. I have a boggle board up and running in my classroom. I loved an idea I found on pinterest to use my file cabinets as another bulletin board space. With the recent change in my reading block I have noticed I don't use it as often as I would like. How do you incorporate your boggle board into your reading block?

5. Finally, my weekend is full of endless possibilities! I have lots of grading to do and lesson plans to write but today I am focusing on my family who I have not spent much time with these past two weeks. It is just my husband, my daughter, and I today and we are going to rock it!

Happy Saturday to you all!
What was one success you had this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment