Sunday, October 7, 2012

Posting Objectives

This year in our school we have been asked to post student objectives for each subject. I did something like this last year but never in objective form. I would write reading - theme instead of in objective language. After using the amazing pinterest and fishing through some blogs I found a way I wanted to try in my classroom.

I purchased Dry Erase Sheets from amazon. These are just sheets that you can stick to the wall, cabinets, or paper and use them as a dry erase board. They are FABULOUS to use with your students as well! After decorating a bulletin board that I designated for objectives I placed the dry erase sheets on the board. I created subject cards that I printed on card stock and laminated. I LOVE how it turned out!

Sharing theme in objective language.

Each morning before school starts I switch the objective board and when I forget to the students remind me that they need changed. I think eventually it could become a student responsibility when they come in the morning.

I am also going to start having students write out the objective on their notes/work during that subject. This way we cover the objective and students know what we are learning.

How do you post your objectives?
My objective board!!

No comments:

Post a Comment