Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Who Knew December?

Wowzers! Who knew that December would become the busiest time in my school year? Usually that falls during testing season but this last month has taken the cake! December was full of firsts for my multigrade class as well as the school getting Ipads for the teachers to use during instruction. Holiday units were chosen and used and one snow day was awarded, a first in two years. All I can say is my class made it!

This year my school has attempted the multigrade setting and this lucky lady was chosen to test out the waters. Many new ideas have been used and thrown away and I believe with two quarters down we have something working for us! I meet with each grade level during each subject so my day is always busy with no time to breathe. This upcoming quarter I would like to try guided math. Has anyone found this to work for them? Do you have any recommendations?

Christmas came and went faster then ever this year. My daughter got a visit from Santa and this was the first year she left out cookies and milk. I loved filming the expression on her face when she saw that he ate ALL the cookies. We were so blessed this year with all the gifts my family received. My daughter is the only grandchild and it shows. How will she react when there is another one?

I am beginning to come up with my new year's resolutions but one is for sure... blogging. This is something I love to do and see what others like to share. The rest of the list will be coming soon.

Happy 2013 All!

No comments:

Post a Comment